Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2 new scarves and a night out!

My husband had a great idea for his folks' x-mas present. It was for an experience instead of a tangible gift. (And let's face it, who can think of somethng unique to give 70+ year olds. (I know, I know you're thinking....crochet 'em something and I did, this was my husband's gift to them. LOL)
He wanted to take them out to dinner at a nice resturant and let them tour the Plaza and see the lights here in KCMO. We ate at PF Chang's(MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!) and then went for a stroll and then split a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. That's where this pic was snapped. His folks really enjoyed the royal treatment and we had a good time too.
Here is the latest project. My famous HDC scarf with curly Q fringe with a matching hat from Yarnlovers pattern at the "Ville.


I was toying with granny squares and made this scarf. The weaving in of the ends was tremendous and now that ts done I think the colors I picked look a little too young for me. My daughter rejected it too as being too young. *Sigh*





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the hat and scarf you made!

Debbi-a1 said...

nice scarfs! I like them both. The curly Q fringe is nice.

Crafty Christina said...

I love both scarves! The hat is great too! Looks like you and your in laws had an awesome time!

Crafty Christina said...

P.S. the arm warmer pattern is here

http://beehandmadestuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-love-to-be-outside-with-arm-warmers.html

Tina said...

I like the family picture by the fountain. That's so nice. The scarves all look good. Sorry your daughter didn't like the scarf. Thanks for sharing your curly-q scarf pattern, it's so cute.