Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A lil' of this 'n that......

Belated Happy Mother's Day! Feliz Dia de las madres!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day, because everyone has been touched by a mother one way or another! I spent it with my kids and in-laws. We ate, played video games and even got a little crocheting in. My niece is starting to make little animals and she is doing so well.

A Very Hungry Caterpillar:










I always make caterpillars for baby gift after I sold one at a craft show, the buyer wanted to know if I eould make a butterfly to match so she could let her grandkids hold them when she reads "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Hi, Caroline!
I just came across your site while looking for animal filet patterns on "CrochetPatternCentral.com". What strikes me most about your blog is the enthusiasm that shines through. Not only about your fiber arts and yarn, but for your family and life, in general. I am fairly new to crochet, after my mother-in-law taught me to crochet a granny square this past Thanksgiving. Since then, it has become a full-time obsession! I've have to purchase 3 storage cabinets, just to store my yarn, hooks, scizzors, and miscellaneous "tools". I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed looking over your blog archives. I would love to chat with you some more, so I'll just keep checking in to this site.

I'm a newbie at blogging, so I'm going to hit the "Post Comment" button and hope it gets to you. :) Keri in Oklahoma City

Crafty Christina said...

What a great idea for the caterpillar and butterfly toys to accompany The Very Hungry Caterpillar book. I've always loved that book. You know, I have quite a few baby showers coming up and I think that would be an amazing gift with the book. Thanks for the inspiration amiga!

Dragonflymom said...

omg way too cute...........Great job!