Monday, February 16, 2009

While hubby is away.......conquering the WIPs!

I've had this purse in the WIPs pile for just about a year. All I needed to do was hand finsh the lining. It only took me 30 minutes. I can't believe I let this cuite sit that long. I'm stuffing this with wallet and cell tonite and carrying it to work in the morning.










Close up of lining with pocket!









Close up of stitches and yarn. I think I used one strand of Lionbrand suede and one strand of Lionbrand Moonlight mohair. Handles curtesy of Hobby Lobby with coupon, of course!










Here is another one I had in pile too, just had to add the handles. This one is knitted. Notice the ruffles down the sides. The body is in one type of yarn from HL and the ruffles are that yarn with fun fur.
My camera dosen't do it justice, its cute.

Close up of syitches and ruffle.

4 comments:

Gloria P. said...

Good Morning Caroline:

It is very cold this morning; how I dislike the New England winters and this one has been extra long. I have Lupus with RA so I don't do good in the winter. My parents live in North Carolina not far from the Blue Ridge Mountains; absolutely beautiful. My dad called me last night to see how I was feeling and to ask when I was coming to visit. I told said "Dad truth be told I am afraid to come because I might not go back home to Boston and Tom will have fend without me until he retires which, won't be for at least 5 to 8 yrs. Don't think Tom would like that very much. Tom and I have time share and we exchanged it for a week in Aruba this coming April so even though I have been sick all winter I am grateful that I have that to look forward too.

Back to crochet I love the purse ....so cute...it would match the outfit I am wearing today..lol

And I to like the stitch/pattern in the scarf your making...I do not knit but would like to learn.
I most make things like Afghans; shawls; scarfs; mittens; hats....I do want to expand so I bought a pattern for little girls ponchos which I plan on making for my two nieces, Alivia 7, and Olivia who is also 7. One is Tom's Great-niece and the O is my brothers daughter. They where born exactly a week apart.
Got to run I have a busy day. Hair cut; then I have to stop and pick up paperwork from a client; go to aqua therapy, drugstore and post office.....Hmmmmm....I wonder if my son left me any gas in my car....he had to borrow it due to his car being in the shop!

Love the family picture...your middle son is a carbon copy of your husband.....wow!

I have two children Denyse 22 and David 20, Tom has two children from previous marriage his son is 32 and his daughter is 29 and we have a new grandson, Zackary who is 3 months he looks just like Tom, Papa Non that is!!

Have a wonderful Day

CraftyAshley said...

Hey I unfortunately have one of those piles! lol I have two purses piled up so far that are finished and just need a lining. And the crazy thing is is that I am working on another purse, ahh. Aren't we crazy! lol

Anonymous said...

OH! That purse is darling!! I have been wanting to make purses, but can't find handles that I can afford.

Crafty Christina said...

The purse is so cute! Love it! Good luck with all the WIPS