Sunday, August 21, 2011

Full speed ahead!

What a busy, busy time thiese last few weeks have been. Job oppurtunities, kids leaving for college, school starting...whew. If life dosen't slow down; I'll need one of those neck supports, because I'll get whiplash watching my life whip by.

First things first.....Taylor my second child and only daughter left for the University of Kansas on Friday. We all went down and moved her in and lo and behold she called today and is doing well. Now mind you, she is only 32 miles away(it takes us about an hour to get door to door tho, traffic is terrible in that college town.)but it feels like a jillion. I miss her but am excited and so hopeful that she has a good experience and finds something she can be passionate about. Here is her afghan I made for her. Rock chalk! Jayhawk! Go KU!

Next my sister is about to become a grandmother for the first time and she also turns 50 this....she is in for a lot of changes. Hee! hee! So anyway here is the Baby Starghan I made my first great-niece(don't know if that's what I call her or not???)


Lastly,

I leave you with cute pics(at least to me! ) Of my 2 youngest on their and my first day of school.
Hope you had a super Sunday!


16 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful work! I have always been scared to do something like this!

Libby said...

Your afghans always amaze me! Your daughter will definitely love this one forever. Love the star blanket too. Here's to a great school year for us all!

hooksandyarns said...

Great work on your daughter's KU afghan - and I love the star afghan too. :)

Eileen said...

Hi Neighbor! I am in Lawrence so of course I couldn't resist looking at your gorgeous Jayhawk blanket! Do you have a pattern I could buy? My daughter would love one of these and I would too! I work at the University so...I hope your daughter has a great first year here. My daughter is still going here, (Pharmacy school) so it has been a while.

Take care,

Eileen

Dragonflymomof2 said...

Hi!! I love the KU Afghan. Do you by any chance have the pattern or could point me in that direction. I plan on making a KU one for AJ, Will use letter blocks for the name, but I need a jayhawk design.

kati riehl said...

Hi, there. :) You've probably been asked this a million times, but could you possibly tell me where I might find the pattern for the afghan on your blog header? It looks like it's just double crochets, and not too hard to figure out, but I'm not very good at knowing how many chains, piecing together, etc. I'm in love with the color combos, too.

kati riehl said...

Not sure why it called me "admin." You can call me Kati. :)

Kris said...

Hi! My husband is a big Jayhawk fan and I would also like to know about the pattern. It would probably be the only thing I make for the next year considering everyone will want one when they see it! :)

Kris
dragonlady110@yahoo.com

Andrea said...

Hi, my grandmother has been asked to make a blanket just like what you've done with the jayhawk blanket. Do you have a patter for that blanket? Is there any way i could get a copy of that pattern from you?
Please feel free to email me back at andreaallen41@gmail.com

Thanks

Unknown said...

Would love to purchase the Jayhawk afghan pattern if it is still available. My son and daughter in law both graduated from KU and I know they would love to have one of these. they now live in New Hampshire. My email address is pa_wood@hotmail.com thank you.,

Dayna Elizabeth said...

My neighbor saw this afghan and is begging for me to make one! I haven't been able to find a pattern on the web so where can I get the pattern?

themsfish@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would love to have this pattern. I'm still learning how to read graph patterns and unsure how to begin.

Unknown said...

Would love to have this pattern. My Dad is a KU grad and my family is obsessed with KU!

emilysinning@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Would love to have this pattern. My Dad is a KU grad and my family is obsessed with KU!

emilysinning@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would also be interested in a pattern for the KU Jayhawk afghan and be willing to pay for it. It's super cute and would be a perfect gift for my niece when she goes there in the Fall. ☺

Unknown said...

Good afternoon. I sent you a message a couple of years ago and never received a reply. I am interested in the Jayhawk afghan. Is yours done in single crochet or the afghan stitch? Do you have a pattern? would love to purchase it if possible. Thank you

Peggy Wood
pa_wood@hotmail.com