Wednesday, October 7, 2009

NASCAR News

This is a revelation to my blog followers out there, not only to I crochet, knit, and craft, but....Hello, my name is Caroline and I am addicted to NASCAR. I know all the drivers, I can tell you who is on the pole, and how many laps the race is. Now with that out of the way, I can tell you we scored tickets to the race when it was here last weekend. It was a dream come true. Some kind soul who was going to be unable to go, gave us 4 tickets for the entire weekend. Halleluiah! Below are the pics that tell the tale of the great time that was had by all:


The start!

Listening to the band "Kansas" before the race(Ironic, huh?) They were awesome. Carry on my wayward son......

By the garages.

Devin and Trenton signing the start/finish line. I did too, of course!!!


All of us in heaven, on the track before the big race.









4 comments:

Gloria P. said...

Love they unexpected treats! I use to follow Nascar when Ernie Ervine was a driver but since he's retired I don't watch anymore. You guys look like u had a great time and had decent weather.

Keri said...

My, my, aren't you full of surprises. I would've never guessed you liked NASCAR! I guess I just don't put "crochet/knit" and "NASCAR" in the same vision. :) My ex-boyfriend has a financial interest in Bill Elliot's car, #11, and we got to make 3 trips out to Atlanta for the Hooters 500. We got to meet him and his crew and walk through the pits. Because of my ex's involvement, he had penthouse seats, right on the first turn, so you could watch (and hear) the cars coming off the start and roaring around the first corner. Gives me goosebumps just to think of it. I was a HUGE Dale Earnhardt fan and was heartbroken when he was killed. I've never had quite the same interest since, not to mention the fact that I no longer hang out with my ex-boyfriend! :)

Good to hear from you finally. I thought you were MIA again!

Crafty Christina said...

I've never followed NASCAR. Looks like I'm missing out on something.

Dragonflymom said...

That looks like so much fun!!!