Saturday, September 19, 2009

Candy Corn Ami-part deux

For those of you who have followed me for any length of time, you have seen these little guys before. They are not only my favorite Halloween treat, but they are one of my all time favorite ami's to whip up. I love giving these guys away, 0 calories, no fat, and lots of love!

Here are some of the lil buggers pre-stuffing!


Here is a bulletin board I created for outside of my clase. Notice Sponge Bob is bilingual; shouting "Me gusta espanol!" LOL

I spoke to my K-Stater the other day and he is doing me proud. His first majoe project is due Sunday and he says he is ready.

P.S. DH and I saw "The Informant" starring Matt Damon. It was a bewildering, strange, true story; very enjoyable!

P.S.S The margaritas at T.G.I. Fridays were especially good too! LOL

9 comments:

sara said...

Precious!
¡Me gusta español también!

Crafty Christina said...

OOh, I really need to whip a bunch of these up now that I live in a neighborhood with a billion kids!

I was wondering if I could ask for your advice. Pi's new school includes a spanish class. They are in 4th grade now and all the students had Spanish for the first time last year in the 3rd grade. So my Piper is behind in Spanish (how sad is that?), especially since we don't really speak any at home. Can you recommend a workbook that I can use with her to catch up? Thanks amiga!

Libby said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Your candy corns are too cute!

Keri said...

I saw your candy corns when I first started blogging at the beginning of this year. I remember going through your archives to see all your projects. They are adorable, and I would love to make some.

Your bulletin board it so bright and cheerful, and we are Spongebob fans in our household, so that makes it even neater. Great job!

Oh, and thanks for your comment. And, yes, I'm feeling better after a not-so-nice week. It's just a tough day to get through every year, and it hit me especially hard this year for some reason. I'm not sure who first made this comment, but I love it . . . "This, too, shall pass."

Gloria P. said...

Hi Caroline:

I don't believe I saw those candy corn ami's before, they are very cute and I like them too but can only eat a few before I feel nauseous...not diabetic so it must be age!!!!

Glad to hear your son is settling in a K-state and starting his first project, what is his major?

Crafty Christina said...

Thanks for the advice! We use a teensy bit of Spanish, just enough that she does know words like frio, caliente, hola, adios, por favor, and de nada. She doesn;t know the days of the weeks and months, which her classmates already know. Shame on me for not teaching her more, but my Spanish is fairly limited as well. I'll try the books and tips you mentioned and I'll keep you posted.

Beansieleigh said...

These are ADORABLE Caroline!!.. And I see you are the featured crocheter in THE Daily Crocheter today!! That little mouse is a real hit! Can't wait to try the candy corn too! ~tina

Anonymous said...

I love these and would love to make them for my grandkids teacher. Di=o you have a pattern

Caroline said...

The ami pattern is the one from the Lionsbrand website. I add safety eyes and embroider a mouth.