Saturday, May 3, 2008

MIA Still......

Just a quickie.... Devin, my 7 year old was rushed to the hospital on Wed. night in severe abdominal pain. After two pushes of morphine that didn't touch the pain, the docs were at wits end, so they ordered a CAT scan. A calcium deposit, 9mm in size was discovered on his appendix. The pain eventually resolved itself this time, but we will be going in for an elective appendectomy.

Stress crocheting:




Anyhoo, Devin is on the mend and is almost back 100%. Now we just wait for doctor appointments and the big surgery day.

5 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Oh wow that sounds stressful and then good at the same time that they found the problem. That is scary to have a six year old in so much pain. Hope he does good till surgery. Good luck!

Yasmin said...

It hurts to see little ones in pain.I hope Devin is feeling better. Good luck with the surgery. I'll keep you on my thoughts and prayers.

Crafty Christina said...

Oh my goodness Caroline! It sounds like things have been nuts for you. I'm glad your little guy is feeling better. Hugs to you both!

Dragonflymom said...

I am really sorry to hear Devin had to go through this....I will be thinking of him and all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hope your son is doing better! Crocheting is a great stress reliever.

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl