Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When the bloggee is away......

.....the hooks, needles, and fiber are still at play!
Here is a seed stitch cowl that has been on my needles for the past month. It was slow going because I chose a size 8 needle but that matched the yarn perfectly. I got this yarn at my LY,S that sadly closed its doors for good over the the holiday break. I picked up about 12 skeins of beautiful yarn each at more than 50% off it's list price. This is a beautiful silk, cotton, baby alpaca blend. Sooo soft and comfy. I am going to love wearing this to work and out and about.  
 This was a custom order that I did for a gal at work who requested it. I used a free earflap hat pattern then winged the face by looking a pics on Ravelry. For my first "face" hat I thought he came out cute. It looked even better on the baby!!!!

4 comments:

deebriese said...

OO love the cowl..My LYS just closed also..She said she cannot compete with Joann's so sad.

Beansieleigh said...

Good to see you, Caroline, and LOVE what you've been working on! The cowl is BEAUTIFUL, and that little bear hat is ADORABLE! I'm working on a couple of crochet projects right now, so hopefully I'll get some of that posted sometime soon! It's so freezing cold 'round here that I go NOWHERE! I've been staying IN, and my hooks have been smokin' away! (0; Wishing you a blessed and very Happy New Year! ~tina

Unknown said...

That cowl is amazing. Great job!

Libby said...

Glad to have you back! At least you're still crafting. I love both projects, but I'm always saddened when I hear of another business closing its doors.

Hope you have a great weekend!