Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keeping busy.......

Hello all! Welcome! Welcome! It is a beautiful sunny day here in the heartland. The sky is cerulean blue, the air is crisp, and the breeze gentle and caressing. Who could ask for anything more? It does make one stop though and realize how fortunate one is. Here I live a clean, safe little portion of our world and it is sooo easy to lose track of how hard so many of us have it. It is, of course 9/11. Who can ever forget? Where were you? Do you remember the horror? The disbelief? The overwhelming sorrow? But, I also remember neighbors holding hands. friends hugging each other, strangers saying "God bless you and God bless America. I have shed my tears this morning(though there maybe a few more...), said my prayers for the families, and thanked my maker for shedding such grace in my life.


Here is something I have been looking for forever! My youngest DS is a huge Angry Bird fan and I've finally found the perfect pattern. You can find it here.



Here is my Blooming Flower Cushion reveal:


Now don't ask me what I'm going to do with it or if anyone would want it, but right now it sits in my family room and I get puzzled looks from visitors when they spy it and pick it up. I think they need to get used to large amounts of color too!

Finally I whipped up these two backpack buddies. The lil pink one was sold as soon as my hook stopped and I am carrying the brown one on my bag. You can see it in the back ground of the picture. Dosen't the brown Uglee well with Vera Bradley? LOL
Have a super Sunday and next I'll be sharing some posts about our latest RVing adventure!

6 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

Love the diversity of the projects you're showing off this week!

Hazels Crochet said...

I have seen Angry Bird, he is very cute in his angry ways :) cant wait to see how you get on with him.

That cushion looks very cute, I would love to make it ever since i seen Attic24 making it!

The Uglees are so cute and they both work well together :)

Libby said...

Love your new projects. I think the cushion is wonderful and happy!

YaYa X6 said...

I am also doing the angry birds for my son in law. he is a PE teacher and we are making a game out of it.I am doing 8 pigs and 5 of each of the birds.We are collecting small sturdy boxes to use in the game as well. The class will be divided into two teams and using an exercise band held by two students will launch the birds at the pig/box structure created by the other team.

Beansieleigh said...

Well, hellooooo Caroline! I'm afraid every summer proves to distract me from my blogging routines and endeavors, but as a great deal of rain persists, and the temperatures slowly but steadily decline, I do my best to catch back up with everybody!.. I have heard of the Angry Birds, but they must be on a cable t.v. channel I don't get. If it wasn't for the government messing with our airwaves, I wouldn't have bought into CABLE at all, but I HAD to for a decent picture, so I just have "basic". LOVE the pillow you made, and I have noticed several talented ladies making them, but I have yet to try one myself! With the holidays coming though, I'm betting I won't be able to start this particular project till probably next Spring. LOVE your little backpack uglees, and I think little Mugsy is just ADORABLE... for an Uglee, of course! (0; Hope your new school year has started well! Dear Daughter seems to really love the kids she has this year! She's right back into the swing of things, extremely busy, but in very good spirits!!.. Enjoy the rest of your week! ((hugs)) ~tina

x said...

Love your brown backpack buddy! Reminds me of chocolate hmmmmmm...