Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ghost!


This has not been tested by anyone except me! Good luck!
G hook and white worsted weight yarn
chain 2
6 sc in 2nd chain from hook(6sc)
2 sc in each sc around(12 sc)
sc 1 then 2sc in next sc around (18 sc)
sc 2 then 2sc in next sc around( 24)
sc 3 then 2sc in next sc around(30)
sc 4 then 2sc in next sc around(36)
sc next 4 rounds
sc 4, dec 1 in next sc around (30)
sc 3, dec 1 in next sc around(24)
sc 2, dec 1 in next sc aound(18)
sc 1, dec 1 in next sc around(12)
place eyes(I used 15mm safety eyes)
stuff head
sc next 2 rounds for neck(12sc)
sc 1 then 2c in next sc around(18)
sc 2 then 2 sc in next sc around(24)
sc 3 then 2sc in next sc around (30)
sc 4 then 2sc in next sc around(36)
sc to desired length of ghost "skirt"( I did 9 to 10 rounds)
*last row: shell 5 sc, sk 1 sc, sl st next sc, sk 1, sc shell 5 sc in next sc aound(10 shells)
Viola!
I did not stuff the "skirt" of the ghost so that it would look flowy and more spooky. Mine stands about 6 inches tall. I also think I am going to suspend him with invisible thread above my ghost village I have here at home.
Please email me with any questions or corrections! I would love to see any finished products!!!
All comments welcome!

4 comments:

Dragonflymom said...

oh my this is just too cute, I am going to make one tonight.

Thanks for putting it up on your blog

Gail said...

your projects are so cute! thanks for sharing them

Janice said...

Really nice work

Marie Anne said...

Love this little guy ... thanks for linking up!