Hi all! We're on Spring break here in the heartland and when I opened my cupboards, there were no cookies! What? No sweets in a house with 3 boys and me???!!!! Have no fear, here is the quickest and easiest way to get a delicious chocolaty, crunchy fix if you ever need one.
Colossally Crunchy No-Bake Cookies
Adapted by Caroline C. Chrisco
1 pkg. (12oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 pkg. butterscotch chips
3/4 c. smooth peanut butter
4c. of crispy rice cereal
- In a large microwave-proof mixing bowl, add the entire package of chocolate chips, half the bag of butterscotch chips, and the peanut butter.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir.
- Put back in microwave and heat for 1 more minute. Remove, stir until all the chips have completely melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy. (If you feel like it needs to be zapped further, do it in 30 second increments, so you won't scorch the mixture.)
- Add the crispy rice cereal(if you note, I use a heaping 4c. measurement, because I don't want any mix left at the bottom of the bowl!) Stir with a large spoon until all the cereal is coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on baking sheets.
- Place sheets in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes(these actually set up fast, check back on them sooner if you can't wait.)
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator at all times.